A Tale of 2 Wadis
Join us for the chance to explore Wadi Sahtan and Wadi Banni Hini over a weekend. We will drive on and offroad, up mountain tracks (nothing with huge drop-offs though), through rivers and along quiet roads.
Oman is a geologist’s dream and we will have lots of stops to view and photograph some amazing rock formations.
Package A : 2 Nights
- Car Rental Nissan Patrol Y62 4.0L Auto
- 1 night hotel, 1 nights camping,
- Camping Equipment Hire
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner x 2
- Soft drinks
Package B : 2 Nights
As for package A, but excluding
- Rental Car
Aimed at GCC Residents
- Using their own 4×4 OR
- Independently rented 4×4
We have no definite dates for this 2 night adventure; they will probably happen on a Thursday-Saturday, but other dates are available upon request.
Ibri is just 2 hours from the UAE border at Al Ain so this is a great trip for expats based there, as well as Muscat.
Please note the map is orientated with north on the right.
- Package A: Collect hire car from Muscat any time after noon , drive to Ibri (just under 3 hours’ drive).
- Package B: meet us at Ibri
- Dinner at the Hotel
- Overnight at the hotel – it is not graded but would be a very clean 2 star hotel, and the best hotel in Ibri.
Guests can arrive anytime after 4pm
- Take a winding hilly road to our first offroad section, Wadi Sahtan
- Drive slowly through it, with frequent stops for photos
- Drive along Wadi Bani Hinni (good chance of needing to ford the river)
- Reaching our campspot at around one hour before sunset
- BBQ and stargazing
- Early breakfast at camp,
- Drive up Wadi Bani Hinni
- Walking tour of old village
- Ice cream stop
- Explore an abandoned village
- Tour ends early afternoon near Wadi Hawqayn Fort, which is less than 30 minutes from the Muscat Expressway