Obtaining Tourist Visa for Oman
As of 12 noon on 1st September 2021 entry to Oman by fully vaccinated tourists is permitted, without quarantine.
- Pre-entry PCR recommended and should be taken no more than 72 hours before entry into Oman.
- A test can also be taken on arrival (at the airport) for 25 OMR (about £50).
- If this test is positive, then mandatory, chargeable quarantine imposed, so it is much better to get a pre-flight one (in any case, some airlines may not carry passengers without a negative PCR)
- Vaccinations must be approved by Oman; currently they are
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria and Covishield), Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Janssen (Johnson and Johnson), Sinovac, Sinopharm and Sputnik V
- The second dose must be taken no less than 14 days before arrival in the Sultanate
- Vaccination certificates must have a QR code (so sorry to readers in Scotland, currently no QR codes on our vaccination documentation, although this is under development)
- The Foreign and Commenwealth Office of the UK gives full details, updated daily, of current requirements – check out the full entry requirements on the Oman Entry page here.
Returning from Oman
- Unfortunately as Oman is currently on the UK Red List then 10 day mandatory hotel quarantine is required, which will cost two people sharing a room around £3900.
- This may change – next update to redlist expected around 17th September.
- If you can take 3 weeks off work, then you could spend 10 days in Oman, then travel to Dubai and holiday for another 11 days there. The UAE is currently on the Uk’s Amber list so returning travellers who are vaccinated do not need to quarantine (although expensive PCR tests are mandatory)
- England Entry Requirements official Government website here.
- Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland follow similar rules but please check using the links on the England website.
- pre-entry PCR required. No quarantine required.
Into Abu Dhabi*
- Pre-entry PCR required.
- Oman is now on Abu Dhabi’s green list, so no quarantine is currently required.
- It may be possible to have overseas vaccinations listed on your Al Hosn app; this is a new system and apparently there is currently a huge backlog.
- Mandatory to download and use Al Hosn App, which gives vaccination/PCR status.
*Emirates Airlines constantly update their page with entry requirements for all the Emirates, find it here.
Sultanate of Oman
Nationals of the following countries can apply for an e-visa, up to 29 days before their date of travel. if you do not hold a passport from one of the countries on the list below, you will need to arrange a visa through an agency.
Currently those on list 1 are able to obtain a visa upon arrival – at land borders there is no difference in price however at Muscat Airport they cost 1 OMR on top of the visa price. Annual muti-entry visas can only be applied for online.
If you do not need an agency to apply on your behalf, you should use the official Royal Oman Police (ROP) website here.
We recommend you apply for an e-visa as this streamlines your arrival into the sultanate. Marina has written an easy to follow guide which can be found here. You will also find a list of “list one”countries on the blogpost.
Visa on arrival cost
10 day visit visa 5 Omani Rials (OMR)
30 day visit visa for 20 OMR
Annual multi-entry visa for 50 OMR
In addition, GCC based expats holding an approved profession can also obtain a 28 day single entry Foreign GCC Resident Visa for 5 OMR.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
There is only one type of visa issued for tourism, and it is an annual multi-entry visa which allows you to stay up to a total of 90 days.
Nationalities eligible for a tourism visa are
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marion, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Ukraine, United States.
If your country is not on this list, we are sorry you will not be able to enter Saudi for tourism purposes at this time.
Apply for your visa online here
Cost of visa – 440 Saudi Arabia Riyals (SAR), around $117
Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd T/A Xpedition Arabia, 39/8 Hyvot View, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, EH17 8PQ
Call/whatsapp us +971509478563 UK number +447565570827
copyright Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd, T/A Xpedition Arabia 2020