Obtaining Tourist Visa for Oman
As of 12 noon on 1st September 2021 entry to Oman by fully vaccinated tourists is permitted, without quarantine.
- Pre-entry PCR recommended and should be taken no more than 72 hours before entry into Oman.
- A test can also be taken on arrival (at the airport) for 25 OMR (about £50).
- If this test is positive, then mandatory, chargeable quarantine imposed, so it is much better to get a pre-flight one (in any case, some airlines may not carry passengers without a negative PCR)
- Vaccinations must be approved by Oman; currently they are
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria and Covishield), Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Janssen (Johnson and Johnson), Sinovac, Sinopharm and Sputnik V
- The second dose must be taken no less than 14 days before arrival in the Sultanate
- Vaccination certificates must have a QR code
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the UK gives full details, updated daily, of current requirements – check out the full entry requirements on the Oman Entry page here
- pre-entry PCR required – can be up to 14 days old. No quarantine required.
- day 6 pcr required
*Emirates Airlines constantly update their page with entry requirements for all the Emirates, find it here.
Sultanate of Oman
Nationals of the following countries can apply for an e-visa, up to 29 days before their date of travel. if you do not hold a passport from one of the countries on the list below, you will need to arrange a visa through an agency.
Currently those on list 1 are able to obtain a visa upon arrival – at land borders there is no difference in price however at Muscat Airport they cost 1 OMR on top of the visa price. Annual muti-entry visas can only be applied for online.
If you do not need an agency to apply on your behalf, you should use the official Royal Oman Police (ROP) website here.
We recommend you apply for an e-visa as this streamlines your arrival into the sultanate. Marina has written an easy to follow guide which can be found here. You will also find a list of “list one”countries on the blogpost.
Visa on arrival cost
10 day visit visa 5 Omani Rials (OMR)
30 day visit visa for 20 OMR
Annual multi-entry visa for 50 OMR
In addition, GCC based expats holding an approved profession can also obtain a 28 day single entry Foreign GCC Resident Visa for 5 OMR.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
There is only one type of visa issued for tourism, and it is an annual multi-entry visa which allows you to stay up to a total of 90 days.
Nationalities eligible for a tourism visa are
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marion, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Ukraine, United States.
If your country is not on this list, we are sorry you will not be able to enter Saudi for tourism purposes at this time.
Apply for your visa online here
Cost of visa – 440 Saudi Arabia Riyals (SAR), around $117
Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd T/A Xpedition Arabia, 39/8 Hyvot View, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, EH17 8PQ
Call/whatsapp us +971509478563 UK number +447565570827
copyright Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd, T/A Xpedition Arabia 2020