Omani Heartland 8 (or 7) Night Adventure
This adventure will also appeal to those wishing to escape the everyday routine of city life and truly explore the quieter landscapes this adventure offers.
Package A : 8 Nights
- Car Rental Nissan Patrol Y62 4.0L Auto
- Camping Equipment Hire
- Soft drinks
- Camping Equipment Hire
Package B : 8 Nights
As for package A, but excluding
- Rental Car
Aimed at GCC Residents
- Using their own 4×4 OR
- Independently rented 4×4
Package C : 7 Nights
As for package B, using your own 4×4 but excluding
- Historical tour of Adam
- Last Night at Crowne Plaza OCEC
- Farewell dinner at Kargeen
Join us in the evening of day 1 at Adam
Leave us when we return to the road near Rustaq on day 8 approx 1300hrs
Omani Heartland runs during the winter, between October and April each year.
- to be advised
- Please fill in our enquiry form at the bottom of the page and we will email you updates.
*subject to borders being open, tourist visas being issued
Package A and B:
- Arrive in Muscat, any time before 1200hrs, collect hire car.
- Coffee and pre-trip briefing.
- Drive to the old city of Adam,
- Historical Oasis Tour
- Overnight at a genuine Omani Camel Farm (toilet & shower available)
Guests opting for package C (6 nights) should join us at Adam between 5 and 7pm
#oasis #glamping #camelfarm
- 200kms drive to our desert entry point
- This area, known as the Al Huqf (al Hoof) Escarpment is exceptionally remote
- Dark skies at night ensures, subject to weather conditions, an amazing starscape.
- 80km offroad wadi/plain driving til we reach our campspot
#rocks #fossils #darkskies #offroading #wadi
- Light breakfast at camp,
- 100kms or so of offroad driving, including easy rock crawling, until we reach the road at Duqm.
- Overnight accommodation in the beautiful Crowne Plaza Duqm 4* with dinner
#rocks #fossils #offroading #remote
- Leave hotel around 0900hs
- Drive westwards until we reach Al Ghaftain
- Enter Rub Al Khali and drive til one hour before sunset
- Camp for the night
- Skywatching – it should be very dark here
- Continue our drive northwards
- Lots of stops for photos
- Camping overnight just south of the Umm As Sameem
- Continue our journey in the Rub Al Khali
- Cross the mysterious and enigmatic Umm As Sameem
- Travel to the historic town of Ibri
- Overnight at the Ibri Oasis Hotel
- Leave hotel around 0900hrs
- Explore fascinating geology!
- Drive thru Wadi Sahtan
- Camp near Wadi Banni Hinni
Days Eight and Nine
- Visit an old Oasis Village on the edge of Wadi Bani Hinni
- Those opting for package C will leave us now
- All others will drive back to Muscat via highway
- Check into the Crowne Plaza, Muscat
- Farewell Dinner at Kargeen
- Breakfast at Hotel