Rocks and Fossils Oman 2 Night Adventure
Our two night adventure starts with us being entertained (and fed!) at a traditional Omani farm by a most interesting and genial host. The following two days will see us pilot our 4x4s through the amazing Al Huqf Escarpment; the driving is easy and the rocks are spectacular – think of it as a 180km long geology lesson!
- Approx 430 kms including 200kms offroad
- Estimated 11 hours behind the wheel, two third’s of it offroad
- 1 night “glamping” at a traditional camel farm
- 1 nights wild camping
- No previous offroad driving experience is required.
- Maximum 7 guest cars.
Package A : 2 Nights
- Car Rental Nissan Patrol Y62 4.0L Auto
- 1 night glamping, 1 nights camping,
- Camping Equipment Hire
- Soft drinks
Package B : 2 Nights
As for package A, but excluding
- Rental Car
Aimed at GCC Residents
- Using their own 4×4 OR
- Independently rented 4×4
We have no definite dates for this 2 night adventure; they will probably happen on a Thursday-Saturday, but other dates are available upon request.
When we ran this trip back in early 2019, a number of people from Dubai and Abu Dhabi joined us; all who joined us enjoyed the trip tremendously but be aware it is a very very long drive – you will cover about 1800kms in total.
For those of you who are touring already, the distance we will cover will be approximately 440kms, of which 50% is offroad.
- Package A: Collect hire car from Muscat after between noon and 2pm, drive to the old City of Adam (2 hours’ drive).
- Package B: meet us at Adam
- Coffee and pre-trip briefing.
- Historical Oasis Tour
- Overnight at a genuine Omani Camel Farm (toilet & shower available)
Guests can arrive anytime after 3pm, and if they wish to join the historical oasis tour they should be with us by 4pm
- 200kms drive to our desert entry point
- This area, known as the Al Huqf (al Hoof) Escarpment is exceptionally remote
- Discover some amazing 60 million year old Rudist fossils (note, take only photos, do not remove any fossils)
- Dark skies at night ensures, subject to weather conditions, an amazing starscape.
- 100km offroad wadi/plain driving til we reach our campspot
- Early breakfast at camp,
- 100kms or so of offroad driving, including easy rock crawling, until we reach the road at Duqm.
What’s Included/Pricing Tables
Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd T/A Xpedition Arabia, 39/8 Hyvot View, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH17 8PQ
Call/whatsapp us +971509478563 UK number +447565570827
copyright Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd, T/A Xpedition Arabia 2020