Saudi Pioneers’ Adventure
We have been eagerly anticipating this tour since the day Saudi Arabia started to issue Tourist Visas! Photos previous travellers have send back have been most encouraging, as this is a land of great contrasts; towering mountains, beautiful deserted beaches and vast deserts just waiting to be explored.
Saudi Pioneers’ Adventure will be the final test run for our future Saudi Landscapes itinerary; as such you will join us in forging a path for our future guests. The planned route has not been thoroughly explored and who knows what wonderful sights we will discover and how many amazing memories we will make.
Saudi is a new destination for most people, and Marina and local partner Ali will guide you through the cultural landscape to help you discover the rich heritage which lies beneath.
- Approx 4000 kms – we are aiming for at least 700kms offroad
- Estimated 45 hours behind the wheel, half of it offroad
- 2 Nights at a 4* hotel (just one night on 8 night adventure)
- 1 night “glamping” at a farm (toilet and shower available)
- Two nights at hotel apartments
- 4 nights wild camping
- No previous offroad driving experience is required.
- Maximum 5 guest cars.
Important: Not all Nationalities are granted a tourist visa for KSA. Please check that you carry a passport from one of these countries.
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland. France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Ukraine, United States
If your country is not on this list, we are sorry you will not be able to enter Saudi for tourism purposes at this time.
Package B : 9 Nights
- 2 nights at a Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn in Riyadh
- 3 nights glamping at farms (possibly one of these will be a hotel)
- Camping Equipment Hire for an extra £50 per person
- Soft drinks
- Tour will be co-led by Marina and a carefully chosen Saudi Guide
Package C : 8 Nights
As for package A, but excluding
- Last night at Crowne Plaza in Riyadh
- Farewell dinner
Thursday 27th January- Saturday 4th February 2022
Further adventures planned in November 2022 and January 2023
Meet in Riyadh before 5pm on Day 1, Arrive back in Riyadh late afternoon on day 8. (9 night option includes farewell dinner and overnight at a 4* hotel)
Our route is only a rough draft; we will deviate from it from time to time as we discover new places worth driving to!
- Arrive in Riyadh, any time between 1400 and 1700hrs
- Coffee and pre-trip briefing
- Welcome dinner
- Overnight at Holiday Inn Riyadh (or similar)
*photos for illustration purposes only
Days two - four
- Head north and west, exploring as we go
- Two nights wild camping
- one night in an Isbah (farm – glamping with toilet and showers)
- Exploring a wide variety of landscapes
Day Five and Six
- Arrive in Al Ula area
- Stay 1 night in a hotel
- Second night wild camping
- half day at leisure
- Bus tour (it’s the only way) of Madin Saleh
- Drive north and west til we meet the Red Sea coast, then down to Jeddah, and back across to Riyhad
- One night hotel
- two nights camping
- lots of exploring
What’s Included/Pricing Tables
Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd T/A Xpedition Arabia, 39/8 Hyvot View, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, EH17 8PQ
Call/whatsapp us +971509478563 UK number +447565570827
copyright Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd, T/A Xpedition Arabia 2020