School Holiday Oman 4 Night Adventure
Ever wanted to join one of our amazing 7 or 8 day Oman self-drive Adventures but can’t find the time? Here’s your chance to join us for 4 nights, covering the first 60% of our Rocks, Sea and Sand Adventure.
Kids of all ages will love this adventure; we will search for 61 million year old fossils, drive through some of the most amazing geology Oman has to offer, drive along a beach scaring lots of seagulls, as well as crossing by ferry to a very laid-back island. Will they be able to spot the traditional fishing dhows? The egyptian vultures? Some old shipwrecks?
- Approx 900 kms including 250kms offroad
- Estimated 18 hours behind the wheel, a third of it offroad
- 1 nights Hotel
- 1 night “glamping” at a traditional camel farm
- 2 nights wild camping
- No previous offroad driving experience is required.
- Maximum 5 guest cars.
Package A : 4 Nights
- Car Rental Nissan Patrol Y62 4.0L Auto
- 1 night glamping, 1 nights camping, 1 night hotel apartments
- Camping Equipment Hire
- Soft drinks
Package B : 4 Nights
As for package A, but excluding
- Rental Car
Aimed at GCC Residents
- Using their own 4×4 OR
- Independently rented 4×4
Our School Holiday Specials are planned for*
- 26th-30th December 2020
- 4th-8th April 2021
- Other dates upon request
Other dates may be added; if you fill in our enquiry form we will email you updates
*subject to borders being open, tourist visas being issued
- Package A: Collect hire car from Muscat after between noon and 2pm, drive to the old City of Adam (2 hours’ drive).
- Package B: meet us at Adam
- Coffee and pre-trip briefing.
- Historical Oasis Tour
- Overnight at a genuine Omani Camel Farm (toilet & shower available)
Guests should aim join us at Adam between 3 and 4pm
- 200kms drive to our desert entry point
- This area, known as the Al Huqf (al Hoof) Escarpment is exceptionally remote
- Dark skies at night ensures, subject to weather conditions, an amazing starscape.
- 80km offroad wadi/plain driving til we reach our campspot
- Early breakfast at camp,
- 100kms or so of offroad driving, including easy rock crawling, until we reach the road at Duqm.
- Drive 140kms onroad to Khaluf, camp on the beach
- Short beach drive before returning to the road
- Drive 120kms to Shannah Port to catch ferry
- Explore harbours and dhows
- Overnight at Maan Hotel Apartments, Masairah Island
- Restaurant dinner
- Leave hotel around 0800hrs
- Breakfast at a cafe
- Tour of the south of Masairah Island
- Return to Mainland at 1400hrs
- Trip ends at Shannah Port
- Rental cars should be returned to Muscat Airport before 12noon the next day. Extra days hire are available at competitive rates.
- After the tour finishes you could consider heading south to Salalah, or North to Nizwa or Muscat.