The United Arab Emirates, founded on the 2nd December 1971, comprises 7 Emirates. Our tours concentrate on the largest one, Abu Dhabi, as that is where the largest expanses of desert are located, including the Rub Al Khali (The Empty Quarter).
The UAE may have its roots in fishing, agriculture and pearling, however it has transformed into a thoroughly modern country since the discovery of oil in the middle of the 20th century. The skylines of Abu Dhabi and Dubai are full of stunning skyscrapers yet, this is not where we take our guests.
We head deep into the desert to discover a rich culture and the heritage of the Bedu. Mother nature has sculpted the dunes into equisite shapes and now and again, a gazelle may appear, watching our convoy as we slowly pass by.
UAE Adventures: from October to May
1 night guided self-drive adventure
- combining offroad driving with a vist to the Al Dhafra Camel Festival
- One of our most popular itineraries
- Easy offroad drive
- one night wild camping in the desert
- two visits to the Camel Festival
The Other Side of Nowhere
2 night guided self-drive Adventure
- Journey to the SW corner of the UAE
- 205kms of lovely sand dune driving
- Extremely Remote