Who is The Desert Diva?
Marina Bruce AKA The Desert Diva has lived a varied and relatively high profile life in the UAE and Oman.
- She has been a writer for OutdoorUAE magazine as their offroad expert from 2013-2019
- Blogged on all things desert and Middle East since 2012
- A desert driver and fixer for TV (sport, documentary)
- An accredited Abu Dhabi Tour Guide, specialising in the culture, heritage and geography of the desert
- Led countless overland desert trips
- Organised desert events including a special 50th birthday celebration as well as corporate events for Eastern Motors (Jeep) UAE
- Contributed two routes for Advanced Off Road Adventure Routes UAE & Oman, and assisted with the recce for 6 others
Delve into the background of your trip leader by clicking any of the hand-picked links below or
Reisen Jan 2018
A Visit to
The Al Dhafra
Video: Marina completes
50 consecutive nights
Article: The National
Discover Desert Driving
Some Great Books
About the UAE
2 Desert Diva
10 Years in the Gulf
Here are screenshots of just some of the tracks Marina has driven during her Oman and UAE trips. On and offroad. Up mountains. Through wadis. Over deserts, lots and lots of desert!
Oman offers the most beautiful and varied terrain you can imagine – why not sign up for one of our trips and discover this for yourself!
The UAE holds the most accessible portion of the Rub Al Khali (The Empty Quarter); the awesome Liwa area.
Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd T/A Xpedition Arabia, 39/8 Hyvot View, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, EH17 8PQ
Call/whatsapp us +971509478563 UK number +447565570827
copyright Empty Quarter Enterprises Ltd, T/A Xpedition Arabia 2020